Job Opening: Applications Engineer
Applications Engineer needed in Shoreview MN!
Hours are flexible start time from 5am or 6am
Schedule is Monday -Thursday 4x 10 hour shifts and 6 hours on Friday 46 hours weekly
Pay depends on Experience $75,000 – $100,000
This position is responsible for developing innovative concepts, preparing accurate costing, and generating high-quality proposals in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from customers. Read, understand, and clarify RFPs and Aspect’s offerings through collaborative dialog with customers and suppliers. Working with the designated departments within Aspect, Sales personnel, and Manufacturing Reps, collaborate to develop strategic, accurate, and comprehensive proposals which help to advance Aspect to the finalist stage of the sales process and win new business.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Provide input on which projects the company selects to devote proposal resources.
- Attend customer visits to gather information necessary for assessing the fit to our custom automation business and the requirements for Aspect’s potential offer.
- Coordinate and facilitate the execution of the Applications proposal process with emphasis on:
- Mitigating risk
- Generating high quality proposals
- Meeting customer commitment dates
- Be knowledgeable of and proficient in the use of Applications tools (process mapping, estimating, risk register, timing diagrams, etc.).
- Obtain appropriate approvals and signatures for satisfying applicable ISO procedures.
- Develop engineering concepts that meet the customer’s technical requirements and budget.
- Present concepts directly to the customer, by phone/web or face to face.
- Constructively incorporate feedback, customer or internal, into proposal offerings.
- Accurately estimate, with buy-in from the organization, the proposal offering, including:
- Labor hours required to execute the proposal and provide the proposal deliverables.
- Materials and components.
- Third-party custom equipment and associated labor for implementation.
- The schedule required for execution of proposal offerings.
- Coordinate content required for proposal preparation and generate proposal technical content.
- Write, revise and edit proposal drafts and appropriate supporting documents.
- Ensure that information is aligned with Aspect’s offer, meets the requirements of the RFP, is in the format requested in the RFP, and is according to company standards.
- Conduct the transition from Applications to the organization for projects won.
- Contribute to Aspect’s continuous evolution of technical capability and quoting efficiency:
- Staying abreast of applicable new technologies available in the marketplace
- Initiating and developing applicable vendor relationships.
- Maintaining good will and fostering interaction with Aspect’s established vendor base to leverage vendor expertise and relationships to the advantage of our customers.
Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in applications engineering, project management, or proposal writing in a similar industry (custom automated equipment or a custom engineered solutions).
- Time Management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- 3D Solid Modeling proficiency (preferably SolidWorks) designing capital equipment.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience developing cost estimates for capital equipment.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, primarily by air.
- Previous experience working within the custom automation machinery industry.
- Simulation experience.
- Typically sits, grasps items, and performs keyboarding for frequent operation of a computer.
- Stand, walk, bend, reach, or otherwise move about regularly.
- Occasional exposure to typical machine shop physical hazards.