Job Opening: Logistics Coordinator – Bilingual
Logistics Coordinator – Bilingual
Remedy is Hiring for Bilingual Logistics Coordinators
A Logistics Coordinator plays an integral part of the team to ensure customers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
– Timely response to email and phone communications.
– Create new customer profiles; verify credit with accounting; include contact details; enter EIN/IVU numbers
– Prepare ocean documents for FCL and LCL cargo.
– File AESDirect as required by U.S. Census on cargo exceeding minimum value.
– Validate freight charges and assess costs associated with shipment; post and generate invoices to customers upon confirmation of sail for all FCL & LCL clients.
– Enter and update shipment details and generate documents such as: receiving, bills of lading; manifest, forwarding instructions, and cartages, utilizing current
– Communicate with dispatch to coordinate inland transport arrangements and provide cartages for contract carriers.
– Work closely with Pricing and Sales Team to ensure rates are current and accurate.
– Segregate and record inventory of cargo from daily shipping and receiving logs.
– Generate bi-monthly invoices for storage customers.
– Assist clients with product selection, coordinate transportation and establish load plans to maximize capacity of freight on FCL.
– Create load plans on LCL refrigerated and/or dry cargo consolidations utilizing bulkhead and maximizing container for profitability
All other duties as assigned..
- Minimum 2 yrs. industry experience and/or associates degree
- Microsoft Office skills; Outlook Exchange and other industry related software.
- Ability to read and interpret policies & procedures; packing slips, bill of lading; commercial invoices and other related documents.
- Must have organizational and analytical skills
- Must have both oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish as the job primarily involves liaising with clients, carriers, suppliers and other operational departments.