Job Opening: Machine Operator
Open Machine operator position in Queen Anne, Seattle
This is for a printing/aerospace company
1st:6:30am to 3pm
2nd: 3pm to 11:30pm
Pay: $19 – $21/hr DOE
Set-up and run various punch presses (5 to 150 ton) ensuring that die out of parts are within the established quality guidelines.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Receive production order/job assignment from supervisor.
- Read job ticket to ensure that the proper hardware and stock are present for production.
- Inspect press to ensure that the proper safety precautions have been followed to allow for a safe operation.
- Set-up press and obtain supervisor’s approval for production run.
- Inspect the parts frequently during die-out.
- Upon completion of production run, tabulate the amount of parts produced and document any problems that occured.
- Clean press area and leave note on press stating that the job has been completed.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality at all times
- Proficient with MS Office software and use of a PC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good math and analytical skills
- Good decision making skills
- Ability to plan and organize work activities with a focus on efficiency.
- Ability to work under time constraints with changing priorities
- Must be able to follow directions and work in a team environment
- Must be able to subscribe to GM Nameplate’s Values and Measurable Behaviors
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Strong decision making skills
- Experience with reading and understanding blueprints in preferred.