Job Opening: Diesel Mechanic
Mechanics Needed in Houston and Austin!
This job requires the organizational skills, operational efficiencies and knowledge to ensure quality maintenance on our vehicles. Following all DOT procedures and guidelines regarding vehicle maintenance and operation is mandatory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Read and understand repair orders and perform work on mini-buses and motor coaches with efficiency and accuracy.
- Advise Shop Manager or supervisor if additional work is needed or if work outlined is not necessary.
- Operate all equipment in shop as required.
- Troubleshoot and inspect components to determine malfunction and plan work procedures to properly repair with minimum supervision.
- Proficient knowledge of motorcoach components. Ability to change components on engines, transmissions, air or hydraulic brakes, electrical and air systems, air conditioning, suspensions, axles and steering.
- Secure needed parts in order to make necessary repairs when needed.
- Attend and complete required technical schools and training sessions in order to increase and update professional knowledge.
- Test drive repaired motorcoaches to verify repairs completed. (CDL Required)
- Technicians will be accountable for repairs in direct relation to billed hours.
Pay: From $23.00-$43.00 per hour
- 401(k) & 401(k) matching
- Dental, Health, Life, Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- 3-5 years relevant experience with diesel engines, air brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive trains, troubleshooting etc.
- Required to furnish a complete set of hand tools.
- Have a working knowledge of diesel products.
- Understands technical issues and can use previous experiences to solve technical problems.
- Possesses a valid State Drivers license, preferably with a Class A CDL
- Repair, Maintenance & Installation Occupations: 1 year (Required)