Job Opening: Quality Technician
Quality Technician- Sandston, VA
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical duties/responsibilities for engineering may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform in-process and final inspections on units being shipped from their assigned line(s).
- Train local operational teams in relevant elements of quality management, supports implementation and raises opportunities for improvement.
- Acquires and reports in an accurate and timely manner on Quality metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the analysis and management of local processes.
- Provides feedback to work teams from their internal and external customers to promote alignment between process output and customer expectations.
- Process nonconformance material. Work with the Supplier Quality Engineer to resolve supplier issues.
- Work with the responsible associate(s) to correct the non-conformity(s) and train associate(s) to prevent future defects.
- Effectively communicate with Supply Chain, Engineering and Operations to resolve engineering drawing, BOM and material discrepancies.
- Create Quality Alerts to notify field engineers and assemblers of known quality issues affecting multiple units.
- Perform incoming material inspections as necessary.
- Interact with the Test Department and communicate non-conformities back to the assembly line supervisor, leads and assemblers.
- Assists the local quality team in implementing and maintaining a Quality system. Conducts routine audits to ensure the conformance of processes or products with established processes, procedures, standards, and specifications
- Leads small work teams in the documentation of their processes and the implementation of quality controls to ensure consistent and predictable results.
Qualifications & Skill:
- 2 - 5 yrs. experience in quality/manufacturing environment.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Previous experience in quality control, quality assurance, or a similar role is often preferred.
- Resume & Interview Required
Hours & Pay