Job Opening: Quality Manager
We are looking for highly diligent candidates with excellent attention to detail for the role of Quality Manager. Quality Supervisors are responsible for monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, examining products to determine their quality, engaging with customers, and gathering product feedback, among other duties.
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Understanding customer expectations of and needs from a product.
- Developing quality control processes.
- Coordinates and organizes Quality Assurance department’s contribution to the APQP and PPAP process to minimize disruption, during new program launches.
- Designing product specifications.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Examining the quality of raw materials that are used in production.
- Plan and direct the internal audit program.
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Reporting to upper management on quality standard issues.
- Review customer website as needed for nonconformance’s issued and assures proper investigation of complaints and coordinates corrective action.
- Holds Management Reviews to support compliance to 3rd party Quality Systems Management, Environmental Management System and ongoing compliance to 3rd party requirements.
- Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
Quality Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality technology or engineering related area, or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) status (not required but preferred) Quality control certification is advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Understanding of GD&T and ability to interpret Engineering Drawings
- Knowledge and experience working with SPI cosmetic quality standards.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in plastic injection molding processing, preferably with automotive parts.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly conscientious and diligent.
- SAP Software
- Bilingual – English / Spanish