Job Opening: Diesel Mechanic
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic for our distribution client in the city of Wilmington!
As a valued employee of our team, you will repair and maintain out freight liner, international, Sterling, Volvo, Mack, Mercedes, Kenworth, Isuzu, Peterbilt, Kal-Mar, Ottawa, Capacity trucks/tractors, along with related electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems by performing the following duties:
This is a temp to hire position!
- Analyzing and diagnosing equipment problems and breakdowns; perform routine inspections on equipment in compliance with DOT and company standards. Ensure vehicle meet CHP/BIT/PM inspection requirements.
- Recommending the correct service and repair actions.
- Safety operating power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks, and heavy duty equipment in our shop.
- Perform preventative maintenance, inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair fleet of Diesel vehicles.
- Items to repair are Hydraulic/Air Brake Systems, Engine repairs, and Preventative Maintenance Services.
- Preventative maintenance inspections and repairs; warranty procedures and other duties as assigned.
- Be able to perform tests and determine problems with vehicle systems including but not limited to; electrical systems, hydraulic / air brake systems, chassis and trailer repairs and other Preventative Maintenance Services.
- New hires will also be cross trained in Conveyor repair and maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 years of heavy duty tractor maintenance experience.
- Technical certifications strongly preferred but not required
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Great Communication skills
- Punctuality and attendance is a must
- Basic computer skills needed for data entry
- Must be flexible in regards to schedule including some weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on Saturday's for DOT and CHP inspections.