Job Opening: Maintenance Mechanic
We have a direct hire opening for a Maintenance Mechanic in Tacoma at an asphalt shingles manufacturer! This is a 1st shift position!
In this role, troubleshoot and repair a variety of equipment that is crucial to the asphalt shingle production process.
Direct Hire Opportunity – Be on our client’s payroll from Day 1!
Pay and Shift:
- Pay: $31.62-$36.61/hour
- 1st shift: 6 am-2:30 pm; Saturday-Wednesday with Thursdays and Fridays off
Job Duties of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical machinery
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs
- Fabricate metal components and perform welding
- Document repairs and maintain inventory for machine parts
- Install, assemble, and test new machines
Benefits of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing Retirement
- Opportunity for various discretionary bonuses
- One week of vacation the first year
- Sick time accrued in accordance with State law
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Double time at 50 hours worked or more for non-exempt employees
Job Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Have 2 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment
- Welding and fabrication experience is required
- Be able to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Millwright experience is preferred