Now hiring for Sewing Machine Operators in Columbia, SC!!!
• Operate an industrial sewing machine, performing a variety of stitch types • Properly sew a variety of covers, coverlets, and/or sub assemblies
• Layout and cut materials using patterns, scissors, and/or cutting equipment
• Visually inspect sub assemblies and finished goods per quality standards
• Apply appropriate product, safety, and regulatory labels
• Must be able to cross train to job task, as directed
• Complete documentation as required
• Participate in cycle counts and periodic physical inventories, as required.
• Comply with Codes of Conduct and Safe Practice.
• Operate scanners for traceability.
• Actively participate in shift transition communication.
• Assist in training new or existing employees, as required.
• Maintain work area, tooling, and 5s expectations
• Report issues /concerns to leadership, as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Sewing experience preferred
• Ability to use scissors and stick-pins
• Reach, stand, walk, sit, push, pull, and grasp materials and tools
• Able to stand 8 hours or more per shift. Occasional overtime may be required, to support business needs.
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to material handling equipment, moderate noise and the use of protective eye equipment.
Thank you for contacting us. We will reach out to you within the next 24 hours.