Our Freight-forwarding client is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Logistics Coordinator. One would act as a key point of contact for warehouses, customs brokers, trucking companies, shipping lines, and overseas manufacturers to ensure the on-time delivery of our products. Additionally, the candidate will assist with the processing of shipping documents and facilitate product distribution and inventory management throughout the U.S.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review shipping documents for accuracy to avoid delay when making import into the US
- Track and manage truck and container shipments domestically and internationally
- Communicate daily to ensure the release and on-time loading of products shipping
- Proactively advise the team of any challenges on shipments including cargo delays, price variances, and document errors
- Communicate with multiple carriers to ensure cargo is delivered in a timely manner
- Respond to inquiries and handle last minute changes related to movement of goods
- Track damaged cases and deduct or invoice for damaged cases
- Negotiate trucking and warehouse rates
- 2-3 years’ experience in a related role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel skills a must
- Ability to prioritize (and reprioritize when necessary) tasks to ensure timely completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Demonstrates a keen sense of urgency in his or her work
- Ability to work independently, yet also be a team player
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Stand Up Reach Truck, Sit down Forklift
Must be flexible as shift may be first shift or a split shift.
For an interview please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates must pass and STA. Candidates must have a resume to interview with related experience.