Distribution Center Maintenance
KANSAS CITY, MO
Zone Maintenance provides housekeeping duties to Order Processing, thereby improving environmental, safety, and production conditions.
- Sweeping, cleaning, sorting and/or breaking down cartons and cubes according to reusability status and places them in appropriate location.
- Must perform all job functions in a safe manner following established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Must be able to respond to machinery signaling devices and communication via department intercom
- Must follow established safety procedures in all job aspects along with the proper use of personal protective equipment
- Must be able to safely use a utility or stock knife
- Must be able to work well with people and interact/work as a team
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to constantly, stand, walk push/pull and reach above shoulder level
- Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 30 pounds constantly, up to 40 pounds frequently and lift up to 60 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift cartons weighing up to 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height, as well as constant standing, walking, climbing stairs, pushing/pulling buggy, reaching and bending
- Candidate must prioritize daily tasks and work as a contributing member of a flexible team