Branch No: 40004
931 US Highway 301 S
Tampa, FL 33619
Phone: (813) 664-0100
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
1 jobs for branch # 40004
Base Pay: 18.00 per HOUR
HIRING NOW MACHINE OPERATORS! Shift: M-F 3:45AM-2:15PM Pay: $18/hr Summary: Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, CNC, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining …
HIRING NOW MACHINE OPERATORS!
Shift: M-F 3:45AM-2:15PM
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, CNC, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers using Lean and 5S methodologies to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
• Identifies different types of steel needed for the job (primarily HRS and CRS).
• Interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• Operate manual machinery under supervision. (Horizontal and Vertical Saws, lathe, Mill, Drill Press, and Radial Arm Drill).
• Ability to read and understand a tape measure, 12 inch scale, and 6 inch calipers (Imperial and Metric).
• Maintain clean and organized work area.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Education: One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
• Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer Skills: Windows Operating System
• Certifications &Licenses: Technical school certificate preferred
• Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Abiity to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Must be able to convert fractions to decimals, must be familiar with the metric system and metric to imperial conversions Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.