DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Handle all incoming calls and deal directly with our drivers, couriers and clients.
- Monitor all scheduled and/or delivery of freight to ensure pick-up and delivery deadlines are met.
- Communicate any delays or service issues with customers.
- Dispatch drivers for prompt pick up and deliveries.
- Administer all charges and payments by providing necessary backup documentation for the customer and setting up payment for the drivers.
- Organize received data and source documents; identifies data to be entered.
- Interface with appropriate staff to resolve questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.
- Enter data in alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic form into computer following established guidelines and procedures.
- Proof data entered against source documents; makes necessary corrections.
- Organize and record work completed.
- Maintain accurate dispatch board in TMS.
- Monitor all shipments to insure pick-up and delivery deadlines are met.
- Help support our customer’s unique stock, transportation and inventory needs.
- Send out weekly and daily projections for deliveries.
- Support driver compliance: Drug/Alcohol Screening / Tractor Inspections (CSA2010) / Expired Documentation / Driver List / Other Requirements.
- Calling and updating all driver activity TMS in real time.
- Receive and reviews error reports on a regular basis; makes corrections as needed.
- Follow established guidelines or staff requirements to appropriately handle source documents; files, distributes, or returns source documents after data has been entered.
- Respond to customer, drivers and staff member inquiries regarding data entered or source documents.
- Assist and Coordinate deliveries for each Dispatcher by account.
- Prepare and execute monthly/weekly reports for various departments.
- Act as the main point of contact by customer/account.
- Provide support and resources to other GSC dispatchers and analysts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of two years’ experience (Import/Export/Transportation/Brokerage).
- Proficient in Transportation Management Systems. (Trinium preferred)
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Perform repetitive motion.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within a consistently changing environment.
$21.63 / DOE