ProLogistix is now hiring a 1st shift (8AM-5PM) Safety Coordinator for a very busy food grade 3PL logistics facility in Social Circle, GA. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a great company. The candidate must have previous recent experience and be able to complete in the following tasks:
- Follows the site safety and security programs.
- Document, track and report training on Safety & Security topics monthly.
- Monthly safety audits of the facility - complete and maintains audit forms.
- Conducts security audits as required.
- Communicates to the site management and Risk Management Department on any issue involving security of the site.
- Conducts appropriate investigations of all incidents (safety, security, property damage, near misses) and injuries and accurately completes all incident and injury documentation.
- Performs PPE Hazard Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) on an annual basis & as needed.
- Performs documented monthly inspections of fire extinguishers, emergency exit lighting, and other safety/security equipment and systems (i.e. ladders, eye wash, PPE, etc).
- Distributes PPE as required to employees and visitors.
- Performs New Hire Safety and Security Orientation.
- Ensures First Aid Kits are stocked and meets OSHA/regulatory agency requirements.
- Works with the Risk Management Department on all Workers’ Compensation Claims.
- Leads documented semi-annual fire drills
- Maintains all required OSHA records.
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or injury to management